Friday, February 3, 2012

THE VINYL SHELF--New Episode! R.I.P. DON CORNELIUS

Don Cornelius!? NO WAY!!?!!?!!!
Ironically, I pre-recorded this VINYL SHELF episode last week and I had already featured a rare Don Cornelius spoken word groove from the "Soul Train '75" album called 'Spectrum.' He is my main inspiration as a "DJ" and I cannot even truly call myself one when mentioned next to the man's great name. I ripoff a lot of his catch phrases to introduce tunes. Now, if I only had THE VOICE!! Don introduced me to TONS of songs that I love every week right in my living room. A few years ago they were showing reruns of "Soul Train" every weekend and I literally have hundreds of episodes recorded on DVD discs. Anyway, Don, this episode's for you. L.O.V.E. you.



This week, THE PIPE spins hot wax by the ISLEYS, MJ, BRUCE, the JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, TONY BENNETT...ANYTHING GOES on the VINYL SHELF, baby...



Hear the music of GLEAMING SPIRES (Les & David from SPARKS), DANIEL LANOIS, THE CLASH, THE BEATLES and as much as I can fit in 76 minutes...PERFECT FOR WEEKEND PARTYING!!


http://www.sendspace.com/file/hcuuvc

3 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about Don - a true legend. Saw most of the classic (early to mid-'70s) Soul Train episodes on late night satellite TV in Japan years ago. I can still recall some of the absolute highlights: Aretha & Smokey, Sly live, Stevie, Marvin, Jacksons, Spinners...the list goes on and on.
    Am currently playing the Isleys in Don's honur. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I missed this episode. The link to download the podcast seems to be broken... Is there another way to get a copy, please?

    Lance in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lance! Here's a fixed link!
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxrbnd

    ReplyDelete