Sunday, September 18, 2011

A NIGHT AT STUDIO 54--2 LP Disco Spectacular

A NIGHT AT STUDIO 54
"Disco" was a bad word in my bedroom when I was growing up. Say it and get out. My sister liked that crap. Mindless four-on-the-floor "songs" with yowzas and other stupid catch phrases that no reader of Circus Magazine would ever accept as a musical genre. Over time I seemed to have lost most of that anger and now I just try to appreciate it with a sense of humor. These days, I can't even believe I have a copy of Musique's "In The Bush" in my record collection.

This TWO LP monster was issued by Casablanca Records in 1979 and I can remember it being prominently featured in countless record shops and department stores even when you were trying not to notice it. This is DISCO'S GREATEST HITS done in 'Specially Engineered and Sequenced' SEGUED MIXES for continuous dancing. You can really feel the bottom as you move and groove and you swear you just saw Andy Warhol in the corner with either Cher or was it Meat Loaf?

'As Seen On Television' and 'executive produced' by Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager, each double album came with a bag of the finest white powder available in the New York underground. No not really, but you can almost taste it as soon as you put this platter on your table. Allow us, we'll show you the way.

A1 CHIC Le Freak
A2 THE MICHAEL ZAGER BAND Let's All Chant
A3 VILLAGE PEOPLE Y.M.C.A.
A4 GQ Disco Nights

B1 CHER Take Me Home
B2 ALICIA BRIDGES I Love The Night Life (Disco 'Round)
B3 LOVE & KISSES I Found Love (Now That I Found You)
B4 DONNA SUMMER Last Dance

C1 CHERYL LYNN Got To Be Real
C2 INSTANT FUNK I Got My Mind Made Up
C3 KAREN YOUNG Hot Shot
C4 PATRICK JUVET I Love America

D1 VOYAGE Souvenirs
D2 D.C. LARUE Hot Jungle Drums And Voo Doo Rhythm
D3 MUSIQUE In The Bush
D4 DAN HARTMAN Instant Replay
D5 PEACHES & HERB Shake Your Groove Thing
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4DIXGD2D

No comments:

Post a Comment