Thursday, May 5, 2011

"The Original MOTOR TOWN REVUE" UK LP

This is an 80's pressing UK Tamla Motown LP that compiles ultra rare early 60's 'Motortown Revue' live recordings. You get to hear some vintage Temptations ("Dream Come True" and "I Want A Love I Can See" featuring Paul Williams lead vocal) letting everyone know that they were ALREADY the BEST and Marvin Gaye's voice is a true natural wonder. Speaking of Wonder, a very young Stevie's here too and his one-time babysitter Martha & her Vandellas spotlight their hits. And so do the marvelous Marvelettes (Gladys Horton R.I.P.--I met her at a record convention once and she was super nice to me) who do a medley of their early smash hits. Smokey & The Miracles close the show with "Mickey's Monkey" but it's Kim Weston (especially on "Love Me All The Way") and Mary Wells (MY personal 'queen of soul') who impress me the most as singers. I do have a few of the original pressings of these Motortown Revue LPs but this one sounds really nice and gives an excellent example of what it was like to have witnessed one of these incredible concerts. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ISWUBVF

No comments:

Post a Comment