Monday, April 11, 2011

PAUL McCARTNEY Original Soundtrack LP THE FAMILY WAY (1967) plus MICK JAGGER is NED KELLY featuring Waylon & Kris (1970)

In some ways it's the first Beatles solo album. A few nice instrumental melodies from the master McCartney and a very hard LP to find. He gets by (but not high) with a little help from George Martin. This was released on CD years ago but it's hard to find a copy without re-recorded versions. This is a clean Stereo LP with just the January 1967 music.

Man, I've tried to sit through this Jagger western a few times but I always end up waking up to the credits rolling. Mick's accent drives me up the wall. The LP, however, is very cool and features singing from Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson and original songs by Shel Silverstein. Mick even 'sings' one cut ("The Wild Colonial Boy") which makes it a must for Stones lovers. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G5TMYZB4

1 comment:

  1. I always forget about ned keely, and I've never seen it...I'll have to give it a try, and take your warning to heed. Performance on the other ahnd...I thought was brilliant. I didn't get it the first time I saw it, but I was about 11 or so...

    ReplyDelete