Monday, January 17, 2011

PETER FRAMPTON I'm In You A&M 45


PETER FRAMPTON
I’m In You b/w St. Thomas (You Know How I Feel)
A&M #AM 1941 Released 1977

This hugely influential single spawned many an ‘answer’ song like Frank Zappa’s “I Have Been In You.” Then, Liz Cleavage and the Butterscotch Sandwich took “Am I In You Yet?” to the top of the charts in the ‘80s and The Cheaters new wave single “Who’s In You?” was a favorite in 1994. And who can forget “I Can’t Get In You” by Johnny & The Wrongholes?

Seriously, I always loved this single. Sure, it would fit awkwardly on “Frampton Comes Alive” and lyrically it’s a bit soppy but it’s a great melody and the piano is nice. By the time the Les Paul comes out for the solo, I’m sold and I’ve already tried on a few nice silk shirts.

Manilow was a reality and even Eric Carmen was all by himself. Paul Stanley would try his hand at the romantic piano ballad with “Hold Me Touch Me” and you soon would never hear the name Peter McCann again.

Frampton survives. He’s in all of us. It’s hard to believe this guy was once ‘in’ Humble Pie.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EB31BOKN

No comments:

Post a Comment