Friday, April 30, 2010

PHIL IN THE BLANKS


PHIL SPECTOR 45 JUKEBOX Pt. 3 & 4

Here are the final two installments of Spector productions from the original 45s. First up is a bunch of pre-Philles 45s produced by a young Phil including a couple of Teddy Bears singles that feature his guitar and vocal work. I filled out the comp with the ULTRA RARE Derek & The Dominos single that Phil produced and was briefly released and then withdrawn (Eric Clapton and his band then re-recorded the songs without Spector) and also a couple of Apple Records 45s that Phil produced with George Harrison and John Lennon.

EARLY SPECTOR
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W0YT31G3

THE TEDDY BEARS To Know Him Is To Love Him b/w Don’t You Worry My Little Pet
THE TEDDY BEARS Wonderful Loveable You b/w Till You’ll Be Mine
THE SPECTORS THREE-I Know Why b/w I Really Do
KELL OSBORNE That’s All Right Baby b/w Bells Of St. Mary
CURTIS LEE Pretty Little Angel Eyes b/w Gee How I Wish You Were Here
CURTIS LEE Under The Moon Of Love b/w Beverly Jean
RAY PETERSON I Could Have Loved You So Well b/w Why Don’t You Write Me
TROY SHONDELL Na-Ne-No
BOBBY SHEEN How Many Nights (How Many Days) b/w How Can We Ever Be Together
OBREY WILSON Hey There Mountain b/w Say It Again
THE PARIS SISTERS I Love How You Love Me b/w All Through The Night
THE PARIS SISTERS He Knows I Love Him Too Much b/w A Lonely Girl’s Prayer
THE PARIS SISTERS Let Me Be The One b/w What Am I To Do
DEREK & THE DOMINOS Tell The Truth b/w Roll It Over
RONNIE SPECTOR Try Some Buy Some b/w Tandoori Chicken
BILL ELLIOT AND ELASTIC OZ BAND God Save Us
Phil and the "other" Ronnie

Overlooked and underrated, these ‘70’s singles on Phil’s Warner/Spector label are sometimes bizarre and moody but they never lack soul. The Cher stuff is some of my favorite especially the first cut, “A Woman’s Story” which I first heard in the PBS Spector documentary “Da Doo Ron Ron” that opened my eyes to Los Angeles culture and made me aware of Rodney Bingenheimer. I thought it would be fitting to put some classic solo Beatles singles that Phil Spector doesn’t get enough credit for on here for you too, blue. PLAY LOUD.

POST-PHILLES
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31W0EBFH

CHER A Woman’s Story b/w Baby I Love You
DARLENE LOVE Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
NILSSON/CHER A Love Like Yours
DION Make The Woman Love Me
RONNIE SPECTOR Paradise b/w When I Saw You
DARLENE LOVE Lord, If You’re A Woman b/w Stumble And Fall
JERRI BO KENO Here It Comes (And Here I Go) b/w I Don’t Know Why
THE RONETTES (I’m A) Woman In Love
DARLENE LOVE Johnny (Baby Please Come Home) b/w Wait Till My Bobby Gets Home
JOHN LENNON/PLASTIC ONO BAND Instant Karma!
THE BEATLES The Long And Winding Road b/w For You Blue
GEORGE HARRISON My Sweet Lord b/w Isn’t It A Pity
JOHN LENNON/PLASTIC ONO BAND Mother
GEORGE HARRISON What Is Life
JOHN LENNON/PLASTIC ONO BAND Power To The People

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, I can't have too much of this stuff. This guy isn't legendary for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete